Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Start.ca slow tonight?
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Today at 09:51:16 am »
Okay, found out something else but I really can't explain it. Apparently, the Start server is showing up slow when using Chrome in regular mode (with the extensions all activated) and fast in incognito mode, but when I switch to another server, say this one, I get the same speed with regular and Incognito mode. This makes no sense to me.

Any ideas? Not a big deal but I'm curious.

Could somebody else try the Start server too, and see if they get slower speed results and let me know what browser you're using as well as OS.

« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 09:15:14 pm »
Thanks.

I narrowed it down further. Apparently, when I'm running Chrome in regular mode, I'm getting 20-25 Mbps or less but when I run it in incognito mode, I'm getting full speed. That probably means its an extension that is slowing down my connection, but I'm not sure which. I'll report back if I find out more.
« Last Post by ssfc72 on Yesterday at 08:18:13 pm »
37 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up, with my Start,ca service, at my location to Toronto server, on Speedtest.net, this evening.

A second test, returned, 45 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up.
General Discussion / Start.ca slow tonight?
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 06:36:28 pm »
Anybody else finding Start Internet slow tonight? Been running Speedtest just now and getting 15-25 Mbps when I'm on a 40 Mbps connection. I even tested using the Start server on speedtest's list. Just wondered if anybody else is experiencing it?
Meetings / Re: PLUG Treasurer's Report
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 10:07:56 am »
I talked dougal into getting a membership instead of reimbursing me so now we're only down one, and that guy better renew soon. You know who you are! ;-)
Meetings / Re: PLUG MUG: Wednesday, June 27, 2018: Sign Up Please!
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 10:03:06 am »
And of course, I will be there at 7 pm, this time. Retro's e-sports has some nice dishes. I've only sampled a couple and want to see that you guys think, too.

Be there or be square! ;-)

Meetings / PLUG MUG: Wednesday, June 27, 2018: Sign Up Please!
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 10:00:24 am »
Let's try Wednesday, June 27 at Retro's e-Sports Bar at 7 pm. They're at:

172 Simcoe Street
Peterborough, Ontario

Map

They're above Buck or Two Plus, with e-Retro's entrance from Simcoe street. Parking is free on the street or in nearby parking garage.

For these weekly MUGs events to keep happening, we really need to know that people are coming and roughly when. This is to avoid situations where only one person shows up. And it also helps early birds arrange sufficient seating.

Signing up just means you post below that you are intending to come; it's not an ironclad commitment.

If the forum software isn't let you post, check this topic.

Check the day of the meeting to make sure it's still on. Because if at least three individuals don't post below that they're coming by noon the day of the MUG, the meeting will be canceled. Otherwise, see you there!
Meetings / Re: PLUG Mug June 18 or later
« Last Post by ssfc72 on Yesterday at 03:51:21 am »
Sure Wed. is fine with me.  Looks like rain for Wed. so I will have to take the car, for the drive in from Lindsay.
General Discussion / Re: Cogeco customer service is horrific
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on June 21, 2018, 07:35:35 pm »
Looks like the same modem I have though I never got around to buying it. That's definitely the way to go, though.
General Linux/Android Discussions / Re: Phone upgraded to Oreo
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on June 21, 2018, 07:33:23 pm »
If an upgrade makes your phone worse like an app no longer working, you should be able to do a factory reset still. It sounds like Moto is at least trying with giving you the one upgrade. ZTE makes budget phones, I believe, so might not get an upgrade there but you never know. Maybe.

My Alcatel tablet is still on Lollipop. I don't think there was ever an upgrade for it.

I have to say that I've been very happy with my Sony phone. Makes my tablet look really sad in comparison of how much faster it is. My wife's tablet makes it look sad, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10