Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Meetings / Re: PLUG Meeting - April 1st
« Last Post by ssfc72 on Today at 02:18:21 am »
Fedora Workstation and OpenVPN as it relates to use with a paid VPN service would interest me.

We could use some more comments if anybody else cared to.
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 09:51:36 pm »
I hope she feels better and you will be missed, Buster!
« Last Post by buster on Yesterday at 09:25:23 pm »
Good chance I wont be at the meeting. Marilyn is not feeling well and I should be with her.
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 03:54:38 pm »
"Cheap" is relative but I think it's pretty easy. I can add it to whatever presentation I end up doing. Was hoping to get at least another comment on whether to do Fedora or 2FA and Password Managers.
« Last Post by buster on Yesterday at 08:06:50 am »
Maybe if it's easy and cheap.
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on March 24, 2019, 11:48:37 pm »
Has anyone ever done a presentation on setting up something like openvpn and then adding whatever has to be added to it to use it?

I don't think so but it would be a very short presentation. Does using a VPN interest you, Buster?
« Last Post by buster on March 24, 2019, 10:01:42 pm »
Has anyone ever done a presentation on setting up something like openvpn and then adding whatever has to be added to it to use it?
Articles, Tutorials and Tips / LibreHunt - Distro-chooser website
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on March 24, 2019, 03:53:58 pm »
The website LibreHunt lets you tell it what is important to you in a distro and then suggests distros that meet all of or most of your criteria. It's certainly easy to use although it doesn't have a lot of criteria. I think it's good for suggesting distros, some of which I haven't heard of before or have heard of but haven't thought of using. Therefore, I think it's useful just for that reason - exploring new distros that you might not have considered.
Distributions / Re: Linux Distros best for beginners
« Last Post by fox on March 24, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »
I don't know if that's true or not with Solus; it might depend on what you need help with. When I requested that an app be packaged for use in Solus, I got a pretty quick and positive response. But that doesn't invalidate the concern I would have about recommending Solus to a beginner.
Marketplace / Re: FastestVPN on sale
« Last Post by fox on March 24, 2019, 03:07:14 pm »
That wasn't an option with FastVPN. The only other option was to use a cli client. But I don't mind doing it through openVPN. It puts an icon in my Ubuntu menubar and it's easy to change servers through it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10