Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Meetings / Re: PLUG MUG: Monday, September 25, 2017: Sign-up list
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Today at 08:08:33 pm »
Is anybody there yet? I only saw Bob say that he was coming. Anyways, I'm running late. Won't be there until just after 9 pm now. Sorry!
Okay, I'm on it!
General Discussion / Re: NAND to Tetris Course: Free on Coursera
« Last Post by bobf on Today at 04:55:51 pm »
I hope you're out tonight, Jason, so you can fill me in on the details. I'd like to get something new going on... (But I already know how RAM latches strobes...)

Bob. <^8#
I have a couple of quick-'n'-dirty ones I use on knock-off accounts, but for the rest of my stuff I sit with a comprehensive set of characters in a spreadsheet and pick them out randomly, then use the hand-generated key in only one place. It makes for headaches keeping them in my head, but compromising one (good luck) threatens no others...
Security / Re: Freecodecamp: How to setup a VPN in 10 minutes for free
« Last Post by bobf on Today at 04:45:44 pm »
Ooh! Hey, Bill; how do they tie in, or do they? Does PIA make the VPN plugin(?) redundant, do they conflict, do they collaborate to enhance protections or open additional functionalities? As you know, Rob Kearns & I have been having a lot of trouble trying to wrestle WIRES-X into submission at his place, where it works perfectly fine at mine...

Bob. <^8#
Meetings / Re: PLUG MUG: Monday, September 25, 2017: Sign-up list
« Last Post by bobf on Today at 04:41:17 pm »
No, dearth of add-on hobbies! <^8# Nice catch, bud! Hey, I got my other antenna tower in my back yard this weekend, though!!

MAJOR thumbs up!! The rest I don't care, everything I need is here - AND THEN SOME!! I may *never* figure out which parts are for which antenna!!

But they're here! Anybody know anybody with an auger on the back of a backhoe, or similar? Who might have a trunkload (or equivalent!) of ready-to-pour-in-the-hole concrete that'll harden like my arteries?! <^8#

I'm told this quest for the ultimate antenna is EXACTLY like trying to find the *perfect* Linux distro!

HAH! You were wondering how I was going to bring it back around to Linux, weren't you?! <^8#

See you there!
Bob. <^8#
Meetings / Re: Upcoming PLUG Mug
« Last Post by bobf on Today at 04:35:54 pm »
Wow! That's quite a few - maybe it was the VHARA swap meet?! <^8#

There's a couple more in Peterborough fighting off a bug, too... I don't remember the motto, "Lots of great deals, and all the pestilence you can carry!"  ;)

Feel better soon!
Bob. <^8#
Meetings / Re: Possible October presentation - Encrypted email with PGP?
« Last Post by bobf on Today at 04:33:24 pm »
Run with it, my friend! <^8# I've been a fan of PGP for a VERY long time! I haven't used it much, but I've probably given the NSA a few things to exercise their super-crackers with! I like PGP the same way I don't like Win8x/10 - *I* decide what's important...

Hackers unite! (or is that, "Dyslexics Untie"!) <^8#
Entertainment / Re: Star Trek Discovery series! Ya!
« Last Post by Jason Wallwork on Yesterday at 10:55:58 pm »
The trailer I saw for this looked good. But who I am kidding? It's Star Trek. It's not like I'm not going to watch each and every episode regardless :)

Two other sci-fi series has started too, the first a couple of weeks ago, The Orville. It's like Star Trek: TNG but with jokes. My wife and I both like it, which has had three episodes so far. It's light-hearted but dealt with a serious ethical story on episode three.

And Electric Dreams, a British anthology show based on Philip K. Dick's short stories. That's had two episodes but haven't seen either yet.
Entertainment / Star Trek Discovery series! Ya!
« Last Post by buster on Yesterday at 06:09:36 pm »
Start's tonight on CTV in hi-def. Looks as if it's going to be a good s/f series!

(Today is Sunday the 24th for people who don't quite know these things.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk