Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Linux Applications & Android apps / Amateur Radio Logging program, N1MM
« Last Post by ssfc72 on Today at 06:22:27 am »
Amateur Radio operators usually use computer Logging programs, when they are participating in contests that aim to see who can make the most contacts with other Amateur operators.
The computer Logging programs are a very useful aid in recording information about the Amateur contacts you make and help prevent making duplicate contacts.
The Logging programs can be quite complex in how they operate.

One of the more popular Logging programs is named, N1MM ( after the Amateur's callsign, who developed the computer program).

For the solar eclipse Ham radio contest during yesterdays eclipse, N1MM had a Log specific, to operating this contest.   The Log was designed with Fields/entries that were unique to recording information for the Eclipse Amateur contacts.

Unfortunately N1MM is a Windows OS, only program. :-(   Apparently N1MM does not work properly under Linux, using WINE.

However, the CodeWeavers Crossover Linux software did support the use of the N1MM, program.

I downloaded a 7 day trial version of CrossOver Linux and it successfully let me install N1MM on my Linux Mint 18 notebook computer.
I am very much unfamiliar with Amateur Radio Logging programs  but from my very limited time with N1MM, it seemed to function properly, while running under Crossover Linux.

N1MM is unusual in that you first download and install the main program and then you have to go back and download and install the updates software, before using the program.

Crossover Linux went through quite a lot of routines, and took awhile, before it finally got N1MM installed.       

To install N1MM on your Linux box, go to the CodeWeavers website and do a search for N1MM.  This should bring up the CodeWeavers page for the N1MM program.

Bill
Meetings / Re: PLUG MUG: Monday, August 28, 2017: Sign-Up
« Last Post by bobf on Today at 01:49:30 am »
And, as usual, I should be there sometime after 7:30pm.

See you there! <^8#
Meetings / PLUG MUG: Monday, August 28, 2017: Sign-Up
« Last Post by bobf on Today at 01:48:35 am »
Each MONDAY evening, except the first Monday of the month, beginning at about 7 pm, everyone is welcome to hang out with other PLUGgers at Tim Horton's Coffee & Donuts on Monaghan Road just north of Lansdowne Street. We call these nights PLUG MUGs. There is Free wireless Internet and no agenda; just friends hanging out, and talking about everything from Linux to X-rays.

If you're planning on attending this MUG, please POST BELOW. It helps people coming from out of town to know if anybody is coming. By the way, you don't have to be there right at 7 pm, that's just a suggested time. We fully expect people to show up at different times. If you're not coming at 7-8 pm though, let us know roughly when you're coming so we can wait for you.

Synchronize your watches!! <^8# See you there!
Meetings / Re: PLUG MUG: Monday, August 21, 2017: Sign-Up
« Last Post by Paul Kneeland on Yesterday at 07:26:05 pm »
I will be there a little after 9.
« Last Post by elpresidente on Yesterday at 07:15:33 pm »
Would it motivate you any if you had a ride, Jason?

That wasn't really the issue. But thanks. I just wasn't sure if I felt up to it. But I have to go out anyway, to pick up a few things so I'll come by. Should be there at 8:30 pm.
« Last Post by Paul Kneeland on Yesterday at 06:47:07 pm »
Would it motivate you any if you had a ride, Jason?
« Last Post by elpresidente on Yesterday at 06:17:41 pm »
I seem to recall that Mike said he was going to be away if I remember correctly. Personally, I'm not sure if I'm coming so I didn't want to post saying I was.
« Last Post by Paul Kneeland on Yesterday at 05:38:47 pm »
Anyone Else? Jason? Mike?
« Last Post by ssfc72 on Yesterday at 05:15:18 pm »
I think Bob is going to be coming to the Mug, so I will be there from about 7-9 pm.

Bill
« Last Post by Paul Kneeland on Yesterday at 12:39:44 pm »
I am considering the possibility of attending. Anyone else going?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk