Author Topic: Carry Telecom -- too good to be true?  (Read 132 times)

Offline William

• Posting Member
    • View Profile
Carry Telecom -- too good to be true?
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:58:12 pm »
Lots of people (in Kitchener/Waterloo area) are talking about

- http://www.carrytel.ca/internet-plans.aspx
    - http://www.carrytel.ca/rfd-special.aspx

Cable 75M/10M for $35 and 250M/20M for $55 are pretty good price.  Maybe too good to be true?  Any comments or rumours?

Offline Jason Wallwork

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Carry Telecom -- too good to be true?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:00:05 am »
Never heard of them before but I don't think I heard of Start Communications either until Bob mentioned it. Great prices though I find it weird that they don't have an address lookup to find out what is available at your location. I'm personally suspicious, not that it's a scam, just that they can provide decent service and support at those prices. Not sure I'd want to chance going to them even with free installation because if they turned out be shit, I'd have to pay the installation to come back to Start.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:18:53 am by Jason Wallwork »
Primary: Desktop Tower with Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon on Intel Core i5-3470 3.2 Ghz with 12 GB RAM, 64 GB SSD for OSes, 4 TB RAID 10 array for programs and data and Geforce GT 640 video

Secondary: Toshiba Satellite Z830-00K Ultrabook w/ Intel i3-2367M processor– 1.4 GHz, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD

Offline bobf

• Posting Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carry Telecom -- too good to be true?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:15:05 pm »
I'd *love* to think that we can all double our speed for almost half the price, but it sounds like every loss-leader I've ever heard of in the past 40 years... You jump over, they double the rates, and go under in the undertow of the mass "abandon ship!"

Who doesn't want twice for half?! <^8# Maybe the first hundred-thousand customers who make the leap get to KEEP their rates for the next 5-10 years... (Suuuurreee!! Sign me up! <^8#) 'Cuz they'll be around for the long haul...?

And then I opened my eyes and realized I would have to throw off the blankets and give up the pillow, and get started on another every-day day... Yep, bona fide cynic - can someone tell me where I pick up my paycheck?! <^8#

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk