Author Topic: Master PDF Editor  (Read 136 times)

Offline fox

• Posting Member
    • View Profile
Master PDF Editor
« on: June 17, 2017, 02:57:11 pm »
Master PDF Editor, where have you been all my life? This is a free application that runs on Linux as well as Mac, Windows; at least the basic version is free for non-commercial use. It's fast and it's pretty powerful. You can edit test and images, comment and annotate, split and merge, and create and fill out PDF forms. The commercial version does quite a few other things, but nothing that I would need except perhaps to sign a document with a digital signature. Even the commercial version sells for a reasonable $63 Canadian. But I would buy the non-commercial version if I had to, as it's something that I use a lot.

Up until this time I have been using Foxit Reader. It's very good as well, but I couldn't get it to work in Arch (a bug that they will probably fix soon). But this one seems faster and is laid out nicer, and I think it does one or two things that the non-commercial version of Foxit Reader doesn't. Also, there are some fillable forms that don't work with Foxit; I'm curious whether these will work with Master PDF Editor.

If you're interested in trying this, you can get it here.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:00:05 pm by fox »
Mac user running Ubuntu 16.04 (Unity, Gnome) and Arch on Dell XPS 13 (4gb RAM, 250gb SSD)
Ubuntu 16.04, Bunsenlabs Linux and Arch on upgraded 11.6" Acer 1810TZ Olympic Edition (4gb RAM, 240 SSD)
Ubuntu 17.04 on 2012 Mac mini and 2010 & 2012 iMacs

Offline ssfc72

• Posting Member
    • View Profile
Re: Master PDF Editor
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 08:37:47 pm »
Nice!  Thanks Mike.  I have downloaded and installed, but have not tried it, yet.

Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk