Author Topic: Nixie Pixel AWOL  (Read 112 times)

Offline fox

• Posting Member
    • View Profile
Nixie Pixel AWOL
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:54:40 pm »
As Bob noted in another thread, the name, Nixie Pixel came up at the last PLUG MUG, and Bob gave me a set of somewhat dated Nixie Pixel youtube videos. I used to regularly watch her videos, but hadn't seen any lately and kind of forgot about her for awhile. I just looked her up on her website, and I think she may not be active on youtube anymore. One video I did see of hers at the end of 2015 (here), suggests that she got very sick on a trip to Asia and was going through a battery of tests while having too little energy to do videos. The latest reference to anything she has done that I could find  is a game review in June 2016 that was referenced in OMG Ubuntu! This thread on Reddit suggests that she is still alive, but hasn't produced anything in awhile. She did some really excellent Linux and open source videos and it's too bad she stopped, especially in light of the soon-to-be-cessation of the Linux Action Show. If you know anything more recent about Nixie Pixel, do post.

By the way, I just found out that her real name is Nicole Allen.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:34:25 pm by fox »
Mac user running Ubuntu 16.04 (Unity, Gnome) on Dell XPS 13 (4gb RAM, 250gb SSD)
Ubuntu 16.04, Bunsenlabs Linux, Manjaro on upgraded 11.6" Acer 1810TZ Olympic Edition (4gb RAM, 240 SSD)
Ubuntu 17.04 on 2012 Mac mini and 2010 & 2012 iMacs

Offline elpresidente

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Nixie Pixel AWOL
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:05:24 pm »
Tried doing some searches. She doesn't seem to be active anywhere other than having been on Steam a month or so ago. She still seems to be receiving $4K in donations from Patreon per month though I have no idea why since she's not producing anything. But maybe people are still supporting her because her present goal is to be able to afford decent health insurance. You'd think for that amount of money she could at least tell her donors on Patreon that she's still OK.
Jason

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk